Saturday, March 23, 2019

MGA: Then & Now

MGA: Then & Now 

By Jamie Saunders – Brunswick Academy 

MGA is celebrating its 72nd Anniversary this year. The program continues to become more popular with students, advisors, and college staff. College Staff can speak on their experiences attending MGA, and now their experiences at the next level. 
Many aspects of MGA remain the same, but each year there are improvements or changes to try to make the weekend the best overall experience. Over the past three years the program has expanded to another hotel, and has added many members to the staff to be able to accommodate the growing number of students in attendance. The growing total of MGA participants offers even more learning opportunities. Each student or staff member can attest to the wonderful times and memories created at MGA. 
The growth of MGA is not just the program, but also the growth of the students involved. Oliver Sibal of Benedictine stated “I have become more comfortable with speaking and now I am able to participate in debates. When I began participating speaking in front of everyone was a very daunting task, but thanks to MGA I faced my fears.” Charlie Wallace from Salem stated “MGA has been a fun experience for me, but has also has helped me grow. I was notified by The University of North Carolina this weekend offering my acceptance, without experiences like MGA my future could have been very different.”  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment